Altair Inspire Platform
Normally you’d choose a software title for which you’d purchase a license. With Altair Units, you choose a number Units to start any product you want for which you have enough Units.
You lease Altair Units per year. The price of Altair Units depends on which products you wish to use. That is why these products are divided into 3 categories:
- Industrial Designer (ID) Suite - € 90,- per Unit per year
- Mechanical Designer (MD) Suite - € 180,- per Unit per year
- Concept Engineer (CE) Suite - € 350,- per Unit per year
Units from a higher category are compatible with products from a lower category, so e.g. CE Units work with products from the MD and ID Suites. Vice versa this is not possible, so ID Units cannot be used for MD or CE Suite products.
The following number of units will give you access to the following products:
- 2 ID Units: Altair Inspire Render
- 5 ID Units: Altair Inspire Studio and above
- 30 MD Units: SimSolid (Basic) and above
- 15 CE Units: Altair Inspire Structures / Motion / OneStep Solver / Baseline Optimization and above
- 30 CE Units: Altair Inspire Advanced Optimization / CFD / (SimSolid) / Cast / Form / Extrude / Mold / Print3D / SimSolid (Complete) / SimLab (with Altair Solvers) and above
- 40 CE Units: SimLab (Automation) and above
Altair Units can be freely distributed within your organization. This way, you can grant access to the software to anyone in your organization. This makes Altair Units the most flexible software licensing model that exists today.